AirMess – Release 6
July 13, 2014
AirMess July (R6) Release available in the Windows Store!
Main focuses for this releases where in improving performances on low end devices and adding new weapons:
- When running in DirectX 9 mode, greatly increased performances to deliver 30 fps. Note that AirMess is still running too slow on the first Surface RT, but it’s running way faster for x64 tablets and small laptops. You can still run at 60 fps and use DirectX 10+ visuals by selecting it in the options.
- New weapons:
- Cannon : fire a salve of 30 bullets which bounces on walls and slow down targets
- Mines : drop 3 mines which stop any colliding ships
- Rockets : fire 3 rockets that which bounces on walls and hit any ships in front
- A shield is also available now. It protects from everything (including collision with walls) for a limited amount of time.
Next month I’m planning to work on more races, so stay tuned!
Here’s the new update in video 🙂